The COVID-19 effect on marketing.
We are currently experiencing some peculiar times due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the consequences of the coronavirus are surfacing, leaving a damaging blueprint on people, businesses, and society as a whole.
We’re working from home today, just like the majority of you. We are listening to the government and authorities, adjusting our behavior accordingly. Spending more time at home means that we are relying on technological and virtual solutions; our needs remain, but how we meet them has gradually changed during these complicated circumstances. We find comfort and company through social media, we entertain us with streaming services and YouTube, we keep ourselves informed through online newspapers and we purchase food through virtual grocery stores or take away services.
Certainly, people are spending more time online and companies need to find ways to reach these people. However, during uncertain times, upper-funnel brand activities are not the main priority as businesses need to find fast, agile and specific practices which give them real-time results and positive ROI. For instance, companies may narrow their targeting through IG story and Youtube ads to tell people about relevant offerings, whilst using social initiatives to showcase products and services. Other activities such as dynamic retargeting as well as shopping ads will be vital in the aim to capture customers. These activities are exactly what we do at Awelin.
Companies and organizations need to continue to boost digital marketing efforts as it may reach new, potential customers; people need to be aware of products and services in order to utilize them – simple math. Awelin will be able to support your marketing efforts by ensuring your presence where and when your potential customers are on the look-out. We will help you navigate through these confusing times, advising where you should put your attention and focus on.
Now, more than ever, we need to realize how vital it is for businesses to act fast and develop a strong online presence for their current and future customers. If you need any support regarding digital assistance, social media or e-commerce, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Specifically, we can help you with:
- Establishing a fast and functional shop for businesses lacking e-commerce/online webshop.
- Reorganize online campaigns, driving traffic to your online store, rather than your brick-and-mortar shop.
- Strengthening your SEO & SEM strategy, capturing customers spending more time/searching online.
- Paid Social (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat etc).
- Newsletter Strategy; producing effectful newsletters as more people will primarily communicate by email when working during these times.
- Content creation & boosting of Organic Media; make your customers aware of your offerings with powerful content, both organically and through ads.
Take care and stay safe.
Anton Wetterlöf, Founder
0708 44 17 66